Banrisul’s investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Bank. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Banrisul’s intents, beliefs or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- changes in the economic and/or political scenarios of the state of Rio Grande do Sul and Brazil, as well as changes in international macroeconomic conditions;
- Banrisul’s ability to implement its operating strategies, business plan and investment strategies;
- Banrisul’s levels of capitalization and compliance with the Basel Index (a series of regulatory banking guidelines issued by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision with the objectives of enhancing the understanding of key supervisory issues and improving the quality of banking supervision worldwide. Some of the Basel Index guidelines have been implemented in Brazil through Resolution 2,099 of the CMN);
- the performance of Brazilian federal government securities, which represent a significant portion of Banrisul’s assets;
- the interests pursued by, and any changes in, the government of the state of Rio Grande do Sul, Banrisul’s controlling shareholder;
- any change in Banrisul’s position as the official bank and principal financial agent of the state of Rio Grande do Sul;
- increases in defaults by Banrisul’s borrowers and other kinds of payment defaults;
- increases in Banrisul’s allowances for losses related to its loan portfolio;
- cost and availability of funding in the Brazilian banking sector;
- changes in foreign exchange rates and/or interest rates which may, among other things, adversely affect the spreads Banrisul charge its customers;
- increased competition in the banking, financial services, credit card, insurance and asset management sectors and related industries;
- changes in federal, state and municipal tax and other regulations;
- legislative and regulatory changes that relate to Banrisul’s business, especially changes to Central Bank regulations;
- unfavorable legal opinions, decisions or regulatory measures issued in connection with material disputes to which the Bank is a party;
- credit and other risks related to Banrisul’s lending and investment activities;
- Other factors or trends affecting the Bank’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- Other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect Banrisul’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Bank’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. Banrisul’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Bank’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.